A couple of weeks ago I wrote a post on happiness (Happiness is a Choice). I really enjoyed writing the post so when I stumbled across this happiness tag from Reading Every Night, I thought why not! So here we go…
List five things that make you happy:
- The feeling when… I see my family/friends after a long period of time having not seen them. Living abroad can make seeing people difficult, and although FaceTime/Skype/Whatsapp are incredible resources, nothing beats being able to give the people you love a hug, or receiving a hug from them. I cannot wait until I next go home so I can get the biggest hug from my parents.
- The feeling when… You give someone a present that they truly love. I absolutely love buying people presents. I enjoy choosing something that might be meaningful to that person. It is always useful to know what someone might want as a present but it is much more fun when they don’t know what they are getting! I tend to get people a mixture of things that are practical/useful and meaningful.
- The feeling when… I come home after a long week of tour. I love my job, but nothing beats sleeping in my own bed. It might sound odd but the happiness starts every Friday when we arrive back at the office. By this point getting home is less than half an hour away. I just need to unpack my costume, get my things from the van and walk home. The moment I see my building I feel a sense of relief and happiness. I get into my flat, dump my stuff and I can relax. It feels great!
- The feeling when… I am on stage performing! I love being on stage, it is such an incredible feeling. To add to the happiness of being on stage, it makes me even happier when I know I have made a child’s day by bringing them onto stage. I have had so many moments when I have picked a child as a volunteer and their face just lights up with pure joy, excitement and disbelief. The feeling I get when this happens I think is beyond happiness. The kids really want to be there with you on stage (see my post on ‘They want to be part of our world‘) and it is a beautiful thing to experience. I will miss this part of my job so much!
- The feeling when… I cook something that tastes amazing. I love food, and love to cook. I find cooking therapeutic, I tend to forget all my problems when I am cooking, and then to see someone enjoy something I have made is such a lovely thing to watch. I think one of my favourite people to cook for is my Dad (Hi Dad! If you are reading). He just seems to enjoy most things I make him, and has a way of telling me that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.
List five song that make you happy:
- P!nk – Try… This song is just beautiful. I love the message, ‘You’ve gotta get up and try…‘, I interpret this as don’t give up. I have been brought up to try my best in anything I do or what’s the point. So this message resonates with me. I also think the video is incredible!
- Bruno Mars – The Lazy Song… I can relate so much to this song. I absolutely love being busy and doing things but I can also be super lazy. If I am in a lazy mood I don’t really want to leave my bed, let alone leave the house. I tend to stay in my PJs all day and spend my time watching Netflix or browsing the internet. The video for the song also makes me laugh a lot as well, so when I hear the song I can imagine the video which makes me smile.
- Any of the Mary Poppins soundtrack… I watched the film Mary Poppins over and over again as a child, I had it on VHS so I would watch it, rewind and watch again. Watching the film and listening to the soundtrack brings back so many happy childhood memories.
- Britney Spears – Oops I Did It Again… As a child (and even now) I absolutely loved Britney, I listened to her music all the time. My best friend and I used to sing her songs in the playground all the time, and learn the dance moves to her music videos. I think I still remember the moves for the Oops I Did It Again video. This particular song was a favourite of mine which I played on repeat, much to the annoyance of my parents, as a child and it just brings back A LOT of hilarious memories.
- S Club 7 – Reach… I am sure every 90s kid remembers S Club 7. They released some great songs. Reach always makes me think of school discos when I was 8/9/10 when all the girls would have made a lot of effort and all be dancing together on one side of the room and then all the boys would be standing on the opposite side of the room watching the girls but not dancing.
I would like to nominate all of my readers to do this tag, and post links to your tag in my comments! Or just tell me what makes you happy in the comments.
Also if you enjoyed this tag, check out my Travel Tag as well!