I was very surprised on Thursday to win the Liebster Award! As I haven’t written on here for months I was absolutely shocked! The Liebster Award is awarded ‘to bloggers, by bloggers’ as my friend Jocy put it. The purpose of the award is to get blogs that you read and love that have a small following out there for the rest of the world to read.
I was nominated by my lovely friend Jocy from Jocelyn: aspiring grown up. I have known Jocy for just under two and a half years (although I don’t know how I lived my life without her before that) after meeting on an organised trip for young Jews to Israel in Summer 2014. We clicked very quickly and have remained friends ever since. Check out her blog using the link above, and live through her vicariously on her travels around the world and at home here.
I have been given a number of questions to answer, so here goes:
1. How long have you been reading blogs for and do you remember the first blog you read?
I read my first blog post probably around the ages of 13 or 14 on tumblr. I couldn’t tell you what it was about but most likely would have been something my best friend Sarvie posted or something related to Harry Potter. I haven’t been a constant blog reader, I seem to go in and out of phases where I read a lot of blogs and then don’t for a while. I do, however, watch a lot of vlogs on YouTube and enjoy anything from family vlogs to tutorial/advice vlogs.
2. What type of weather is your favourite and your least favourite?
I absolutely love Summer. I love the warmth, I love the feel of the sun on my face, I love that it seems to cheer a lot of people up. I think my favourite temperature would be 32 Degrees Celsius, with clear blue skies. The sort of weather where I feel like I could happily explore on holiday or go and relax on the beach and swim in the sea.
I cannot stand grey weather. So Winter is not my idea season. It makes me feel miserable. I don’t like rain I find it very inconvenient. I also feel the same about snow. I dislike snow because of the chaos it creates in the UK, along with it making me cold and wet if I have to go out in it. However, having said that I dislike snow, I do think it looks beautiful when untouched and I like it when I know I don’t have to go out in it.
3. Which causes are most important to you in life, for example, the environment or animal welfare, etc?
Cancer Causes/Research are very important to me. Any form of Cancer charities are extremely close to my heart. I have lost a few family members to cancer and both of my parents have suffered from it and beaten it. My Mum had a rare form of cancer when she was my age now (24) and was lucky to have survived, and my Dad has had Cancer twice, once before I was born and a different type two or three years ago.
4. Can you name three people who you think might make a worse President than Donald Trump?
This is a difficult one. I don’t know if I can think of many people worse than Trump, although I sure some of his supporters are worse than him. I heard ages ago that Kanye West was thinking of running for Presidency in 2020 which I don’t think is a great idea either, but is he worse than Trump? Probably not.
5. Would you rather explore the ocean floor or outer space? Why?
This is a hard one! I think I would have to say space? But honestly this is difficult. I cannot comprehend the size of planet earth, and the idea of being able to see it from space would be beyond incredible! Also if we could explore space and go wherever, we could find new worlds and discover so much more! Having said this, exploring the ocean floor would open us up to new worlds we don’t know about as well! Either would be an incredible experience that I don’t think I could pass up if I was given the opportunity!
The rules of the Leibster Award:
- Post the award on your blog so everybody knows how awesome you are.
- Publicly thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
- Answer their questions about yourself, feel free to add photos!
- Nominate 4–10 people with less than 1000 followers, inform them via social media.
- Write your own set of questions for your nominees.
- Feel good about yourself for winning an award and passing it on.
So as I explained in the answer to the first question I go in and out of phases reading blogs, and don’t have that many at the moment that I read frequently with less that 1000 followers. When looking into the award I did stumble across different variations to the rules that change the number of followers. So I will nominate a couple of blogs with under 2000 followers as well.
I award the Leibster Award to:
To Die By Your Side, Is Such A Heavenly Way To Die
Carrot & Crumb
Cuddle Your Globe
Here are your questions if you choose to accept:
- What made you start a blog?
- What was your favourite thing about 2016?
- What are your 3 favourite books/series of books and why?
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live and why?
- If you could give your 16 year old self some advice, what would you say?